1. Terms and definitions
Agreement means adhesion agreement under which the Club provides services and the Data Subject receives services.
Cookie means text file or files containing a small amount of information that are sent to the Web-browser and stored on the technical device of the Data Subject. Technical devices refer to computers, mobile phones, tablets, or any other technical device capable of accessing the Website.
Club means «Young Business Club» limited liability company (identification code: 41474157) that provides services under the Agreement.
Data Subject means individual whose personal data is processed by the Club. A Data Subject is any person who visits the Website or using the Mobile application and performs other actions that result in the transfer of personal data to the Club. Such actions may include contacting the Club through any means via the Internet and/or by telephone communication, or joining an Agreement and so on.
Mobile application «Young Business Club» or Mobile application – a mobile application controlled by the Club through which Data Subject can provide their personal data to the Club.
Website means https://ybc.club/en/home.
Web-browser means software installed on the technical device of the Data Subject through which access to the Website is obtained.
2. General provisions
2.1. The Club is the owner and controller of the personal data of the Data Subject within the scope of this Policy.
2.2. The processing and storage of the provided personal data are carried out in data centers and other equipment under the control of the Club.
2.3. The Club may store and process the following personal data of the Data Subject:
- last name, first name, and patronymic.
- registration number of the taxpayer identification card;
- date of birth and age;
- phone number;
- email address;
- social media profiles;
- place of employment;
- passport information (series, number, issuing authority, date of issue, expiration date);
- registered (declared) place of residence;
- actual place of residence;
- information about marital status;
- information about children and parents;
- citizenship (nationality);
- information about the presence of temporary or permanent residence permits in Ukraine and/or abroad (series, number, basis for issuance, date of issue, and expiration date);
- information about education;
- information about the business of the Data Subject;
- Cookie files;
- IP addresses;
- parameters and settings of Web-browsers;
- setting options of the Mobile application;
- geolocation (in case of using the Mobile application).
2.4. The Club processes and stores personal data for the following purposes::
- enabling the Data Subject to join the Agreement and its extension;
- fulfilling the terms of the Agreement;
- facilitating payment for services in accordance with the Agreement;
- sending notifications (emails) regarding the Club's activities;
- informing about changes (new editions) to the Agreement;
- providing access to the Website;
- sending messages, notifications, letters, including as part of the Club's marketing activities;
- facilitating any communication between the Data Subject and the Club.
2.5. Third parties to whom personal data of Data Subjects may be disclosed include:
- participants/members of payment systems in Ukraine and foreign countries that ensure authorization and processing of fund transfers by Data Subjects;
- government authorities in accordance with the applicable legislation of Ukraine;
- natural and/or legal persons, including foreign entities, who act as subcontractors (suppliers) of services (goods) and facilitate the provision of services by the Club.
2.6. Right of Data Subjects:
- to know the sources of collection, location of their personal data, the purpose of their processing, the location or residence (stay) of the owner or controller of personal data, or to give appropriate authorization to authorized persons to obtain such information, except as provided by law;
- to receive information about the conditions of access to personal data, including information about third parties to whom their personal data is disclosed;
- to access their personal data;
- to receive, within 30 (thirty) calendar days from the date of the request, unless otherwise provided by the laws of Ukraine, a response regarding the processing of Data Subject's personal data, as well as to obtain the content of such personal data;
- to submit a motivated demand to the Club to object to the processing of their personal data;
- to submit a motivated demand to any owner, controller of personal data, or the Club for the change or destruction of their personal data if it is processed unlawfully or is inaccurate;
- to protect their personal data from unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction, damage due to intentional concealment, failure to provide, or untimely provision thereof, as well as to protect against the provision of information that is inaccurate or defamatory to the honor, dignity, and business reputation of an individual;
- to lodge complaints regarding the processing of their personal data to the Authorized Representative of the Verkhovna Rada for Human Rights or to a court;
- to exercise legal remedies in case of violation of legislation on personal data protection;
- to make reservations regarding the restriction of the right to process their personal data when giving consent;
- to withdraw consent to the processing of personal data;
- to know the mechanism of automatic processing of personal data;
- to protect against automated decisions that have legal consequences for them.
2.7. The Club does not transfer personal data to third parties, except in cases established by this Policy and the applicable legislation of Ukraine.
3. Processing of personal data
3.1. By visiting the Website or using the Mobile application, the Club may process and store the following personal data: Cookies; IP addresses; parameters and settings of Web-browsers and Mobile application; email address; contact phone number; date of birth; gender; geolocation; analytics of use (in case of getting consent from the Data Subject), etc.
3.2. The Club limits the collection and processing of the minimum amount of personal data and does not aim to collect personal data that is unnecessary for the full interaction of the Data Subject with the Website, Mobile application and the Club.
3.3. The Club collects data on Website visit statistics, usage the Mobile application which may include information about connections, traffic, the Web-browser or technical device of the Data Subject, date, time, and duration of the visit to the Website or using the Mobile application.
3.4. Personal data is used for the purpose of providing access to and familiarization with the Club's services, exchanging information, news, etc.
3.5. Personal data is stored for a period no longer than necessary for the purpose of their processing.
4. Using Cookie files while visiting Website
4.1. Cookie files are necessary to ensure comfortable use of the Website by the Data Subject. By using Cookie files, the Club has the ability to analyze the behavior, preferences, and interests of the person visiting the Website. The data from Cookie files also enable viewing videos, participating in polls or surveys, and interacting with social media. Additionally, Cookie files allow recommending text, graphics, audio, and video materials based on the behavior of the visitor (Data Subject) of the Website, avoiding repetitive displays, managing targeted advertising, evaluating the effectiveness of advertising campaigns, obtaining information about the Data Subject's visits to other resources when navigating, and adjusting other Website settings. The Club may use the aforementioned information and Cookie files together with third parties, including clients, advertisers, agencies, and partners, for the purpose of providing high-quality advertising.
4.2. To display high-quality and detailed content on the Website, the Club may utilize services provided by third-party companies such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google, LinkedIn, and others. These companies, as an example, may use cookie files on the technical devices of the Data Subject while they are using the Website. The Club cannot control the operation of Cookie files used by the aforementioned companies.
4.3. Cookie files are divided into permanent and temporary ones. Persistent Cookies are stored on the Data Subject's device until they are physically deleted, while temporary Cookies are stored until the Data Subject exits the Web-browser used to visit the Website.
4.4. During the visit to the Website, Cookie files are updated. In most cases, the Web-browser used to visit the Website allows for automatic storage of Cookie files on the Data Subject's device. Disabling Cookie files may restrict access to published materials and result in limited functionality of the Website.
4.4.1. Through the settings of the Web-browser, the Data Subject can choose which Cookie files to accept and which ones to reject. Such settings depend directly on the Web-browser used by the Data Subject:
- Cookie setting in Chrome;
- Cookie setting in Firefox;
- Cookie setting in Internet Explorer;
- Cookie setting in Safari.
If the Data Subject decides to block certain functional Cookie files, certain services of the Website may become unavailable to the Data Subject. In addition to the settings that may be available on the Website, the Data Subject can opt out of using specific Cookie files.
4.5. If the Data Subject deletes Cookie files after interacting with the Website, each subsequent time they visit the Website, they will be prompted to accept or reject the use of Cookie files.
4.6. Information about Website users obtained through Cookie files is not sold or disclosed publicly and remains the property of the Club.
4.7. Deleting or refusing to accept the use of Cookie files may limit the Data Subject's full utilization of the Website.
5. Final provisions
5.1. By visiting the Website and/or by using the Mobile application, it signifies that the Data Subject has given consent to the processing and collection of their personal data in accordance with this Policy.
5.2. The Club employs widely accepted standards of technological and operational information security to prevent loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction of information and personal data.
5.3. The Club guarantees the implementation of all relevant obligations regarding confidentiality and applies technical and organizational security measures to prevent unauthorized or unlawful disclosure or processing of such information and data, accidental loss, destruction, or damage.
5.4. The Club grants access to information and personal data only to authorized employees or its contractors who have agreed to ensure the confidentiality of such information and data in accordance with the Club's requirements.
5.5. The Data Subject has the right to obtain any information about themselves held by the Club, provided they undergo authentication by providing their last name, first name, patronymic, email address, phone number, and identification documents. Access to personal data is provided within 30 (thirty) calendar days from the receipt of the respective request by the Club.
5.6. In case of any questions regarding this Policy or the use of personal data, the Data Subject may contact the Club at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
5.7. Changes to the Policy are made by publishing a new version on the Website and is applicable to the Mobile application also. The current Policy can always be found at the following link: https://ybc.club/en/privacy-policy The new version of the Policy comes into effect from the moment of its publication on the Website and does not require additional consent from the Data Subject. If the Data Subject does not agree with the new version of the Policy, it should notify the Club and stop using the Website or the Mobile application.
5.8. The Data Subject may file a complaint with the court or with the Authorized Verkhovna Rada Commissioner for Human Rights regarding any violations of the legislation regulating personal data protection by the Club. The contact information for the Authorized Verkhovna Rada Commissioner for Human Rights in the field of personal data protection can be found at the following link: ombudsman.gov.ua/about.